Friday, April 30, 2010

Calling all Girl Guide (Girl Scout) Leaders - need help/advice - SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!?

Serious answers only PLS.


I've registered my daughter in Girl Guides and offered my help as a leader. During the 1st meeting I found myself being the ONLY leader!! I was a GG myself (many yrs ago) but I don't think I could RUN a GG troop on my own.


With out me the 5 girls won't have a troop AT ALL, but with me - will they really be getting the 'real experience'? I've read the hand book and I'd prefer to do it with help, but none is available. In November I will go on a training course for leaders, but for the moment I can't offer anything other than my time. I don't even know how to ';open'; a meeting!! The only ressources given to me were the GG handbook and the Leaders handbook, no songs, no games, no other imput until November.My question goes out to parents of girls in the program and present or past GG leaders.


Should I stick with it and try to teach the girls the program (be prepared) or save their time and money for a different activity? (That's $75 for each child)


HELP!!!Calling all Girl Guide (Girl Scout) Leaders - need help/advice - SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!?
I have a sister whos girl guides just nearly shut down and she was devistated. try and get peeps 2 do helping u rotorCalling all Girl Guide (Girl Scout) Leaders - need help/advice - SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!?
Hon, why don't you contact the guide head-quarters in your area and see what they can do for yourself and the troop. There must be some information on running a troop efficiently. I wonder if there are any ex girl guide troop leaders in your area that could give you some information or pointers to tide you over until you are sufficiently qualified to lead your troop? I hope you have some luck hon, and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment